iBuild is a pre-fabricated building supplier specialising in flat pack kit homes, granny flats, and pre-fabricated modular houses.
Our business has recently attracted worldwide media coverage, by over 20 media outlets including Channel 9 News, ABC, Sydney Morning Herald, The Age, Australia’s Mining Monthly Magazine, and Architecture & Design, as well as editorials in the US, Brazil, and Italy.
As a result of recent media publicity, we have been inundated with customer enquiries and orders, generating various construction project manager job opportunities.
About the Role
The contractor role is project based. The essence of this role is to order and deliver kit home components of various jobs across Australia. You will be required to prepare estimates and quotations, whilst liaising with the sales and customers.
- Manages the planning, execution, control and closure of individual construction projects for an organization to ensure organizational needs are met.
- Interacts with clients, contractors and designers to determine project requirements; negotiates contracts, subcontracts and purchase orders to ensure that all project goals are being addressed.
- Develops and maintains construction project schedules, budgets, performance metrics, status reports and customer submittals to ensure projects are completed on time, within budget, and to specification.
- Oversees project costs and performance to ensure compliance with all contract terms, building codes and legal requirements.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Analyse drawings and other documents to prepare cutting list and materials orders.
- Provide assessment & cost effectiveness of products.
- Provide sales support to Sales on various building products to meet client’s requirement.
- Prepare and maintain a directory of suppliers.
- Prepare, update and maintain project tracking lists.
- Promptly respond to customer enquiries regarding lead time and proactively monitor status or order in progress.
Key Skills Required
To be successful for this role you must have the following:
- Previous experience in kit home fabrication, estimation or customer service/sales.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to read architectural drawings.
- Good computer skills (Word, Excel, CAD).
- Ability to liaise with both customers and internal staff.
- Ability to meet time frames and work under pressure as required.
- Willingness to support the sales process and a good work ethic.
- Ability to work individually with minimum supervision and to work as a team.
- Attention to detail and excellent project management and scheduling skills.
- Your skills and experience gained from your previous work as a licensed builder will be highly desireable.
To apply for this contractor role, please forward your expression of interest along with a copy of your CV to [email protected]